FAQs That You Need To Know
Great, if you’ve made your way to the FAQ section it means we’ve spiked your interest. And don’t worry with such a unique program and way of working it’s a great idea to check the info below before making that next step!
The Key FAQs You Need To Know:
What are Experienceships?
Can I choose which company I take an Experienceship with?
Nope, we are not an internship provider. We don’t match you with an organisation of your choice, the organisation and the project are all residents of the coworking spaces we run our Experienceships from. If you want to work within a specific company or industry then this program isn’t for you.
What kind of real business projects will I work on?
What hours do I work?
The program hours are Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, however, some of the best work can be done in the evenings and weekends when you get some real time to think about your startup concept as you explore the cities and network with likeminded minds from all walks of life.
What if I have no experience in the area of the project?
What's 'Pitch Night'?
*The prize money is dependent on how many people we have on the program.
I don't have a business idea, can I still join?
What do the startup training elements include?
Chapter 1: Think Big
Learn how to find a viable business idea, explore your creative side and think entrepreneurially, finding problems in the world around you.
Chapter 2: Is It SEAMLESS?
Learn fundamental business skills and learn how to tell if an idea has the potential to be a feasible business by using our unique SEAMLESS business model concept.
Chapter 3: Kickstart Your Company
Learn the technical skills needed to kickstart your new business by starting small and growing big. Build your website in a morning! We very much use the Lean model for startups and make the process engaging and relevant to your business idea.
Chapter 4: Self-Brand & Networking
Improve your professional skill set and learn vital employability and networking techniques that will help you stand out from the competition.
Am I eligible?
What's the application procedure?
So, you’ll notice we keep our 1 to 1 contact and pre departure support to a minimum, this is because we feel that the info on the site, our social media and from the group chat’s is more than enough to prepare you for the Startup Experienceship. This means we can keep our costs low and use the money on the things you consider important (the program!). Below are the 10 steps to joining the StartuP Experienceship:
1) Read all the info on the site – including the rest of the FAQs!
2) Sign up to a live 45 minute group chat with one of the founders (Book Place)
3) Research the city and cost of living (check out airbnb.com or homestay.com)
4) Confirm your spot with a $250 deposit here (we work on first come first served so don’t lose out!)
5) Receive the info pack with more info on the program and info we need from you
6) Book your flights
7) Pay remainder of program fee (we offer different instalment plans, but require payment 4 weeks before start date)
8) Say good bye to family and friends
9) Meet us Sunday evening for welcome get together
10) Now the adventure begins!
What's a cowork space?
Can I get college credit for an Experienceship?
Why don't you provide accommodation?
We started life providing accommodation, but:
1) we couldn’t stomach the financial cost we would need to pass onto our participants (have you seen some of the prices Internship providers charge? $8000/$9000 for 8 weeks! We know you can get accommodation for as little as $500 for a month
2) This is an Experienceship – it’s about the WHOLE experience. Why would you want us to sort accommodation with people you’ll be spending all day and night working with!? Why not find a host that matches your interest/hobbies and get shown round the city by a local!
3) We only accept over 18 year olds on the program, so you really don’t need us sorting your accommodation for you, look at it as part of the challenge of the program!
Do you provide airport pick ups?
Do you provide pre departure support?
We’re convinced that this term was first coined by organisation who struggled to justify their high prices! What type of pre departure support do you need? We provide all information on our website, group skype chats (see Group Chats) and in the info pack provided when $250 deposit has been paid to confirm your place on the program. By limiting the amount of 1 to 1 support before the program we can keep our costs relevant to your time on the program.
Can I stay for more than 4 weeks?
Yep. We will help as much as we can from trying to find a relevant regular work placement for you (although we expect you to put in the effort while you’re in country!).
How can I contact you guys?
The best way is to send us a tweet (if you don’t have a twitter account, set one up, you’ll need it if you join the program!) or send a direct message on Facebook or join one of our bi-weekly skype chats for any answers you can’t find here.
If it just can’t wait and you feel it’s something really, really important then you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, but please do this as a last resort – you don’t want you email to increase our prices for everyone 😉
Can you give advice and assist with visa applications?
How many people are on the program?
My parents want to know more, can you chat with them?
Of course we can, they are more than welcome to join the live group chats and ask any questions they may have in regards to the program (reserve a place)